Sublime Forum

Chinese language can't be better dealt with[3143, windows]

Chinese language can’t be better dealt with[3143, windows]

On the left is 3143, and on the right is 3126.
3143 dealing with Chinese languages is poor.
Note that not only the sidebar, but also the label above the edit area.
I’ve tried the following methods, but the problem is still there.

1. Install version
  2. portable version
  3. Another windows computer
  4. Set the font for Microsoft YaHei
  5. Use 3126 configuration
  6. “dpi_scale”: 1.0

I want

I hope 3143 and 3126 are the same, homogeneous, the same size, showing the Chinese language.

systeminfo :

OS Name:                   Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
OS Version:                6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer:           Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration:          Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type:             Multiprocessor Free
OS Name:                   Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version:                6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer:           Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration:          Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type:             Multiprocessor Free
0 Likes

Try reading this!

0 Likes

Thank you. I tried more ways than he did, still did not solve the problem.
I think my phenomenon is not the same as his, he can not complete the Asian language display, but my editing tools can.
Just my editing tool can not better show the uniform thickness of the style.

0 Likes

Umm, works for me in Japanese.

0 Likes

In the dev series from build 3127 to 3142 we change the theme engine to use DirectWrite instead of GDI for both regular res and high DPI users. Previously high DPI users used DirectWrite and regular resolution users utilized GDI. Unfortunately DirectWrite by itself doesn’t allow clipping of text, meaning it isn’t possible to cut the end of the long filename off in the sidebar or tabs labels. Instead, we use DirectWrite through the Skia library. Unfortunately DirectWrite (or maybe DirectWrite through Skia) does not implement font fallback. This means if the font chosen for a run of text does not contain all of the characters necessary, the missing ones are printed as boxes.

Since we needed to provide support for high DPI users, and we wanted to bring font render up-to-date with the rest of Windows 8 and 10, we decided to implement our own font fallback for DirectWrite. In general, I think we do an ok job. However, we simply select from Window’s default list of fallback fonts until we find one that has the character that needs to be rendered.

The impression I get from you is that some of the fonts have varying physical proportions even when rendered at the same font size. I am not sure what algorithm GDI uses to try and work around this, but based on your comments, it must be doing something.

I am not sure what the next step is in terms of DirectWrite font fallback. It seems there have been a few reports of users unhappy with the new implementation, but at the same time we’ve come a long way from boxes being printed in tab bars and filenames like what was happening previously.

0 Likes

What's the font used by SublimeText?

I should note, you can force the theme engine to use GDI, however it likely won’t looks great on high DPI screens. Perhaps it will be the best solution for you for now. To do this, set the theme_font_options setting in Preferences:

"theme_font_options": ["gdi"]
0 Likes

I first used the @wbond method, and found that his solution could solve my problem.
Thank you for your configuration, and I also installed your fonts. I have proved that 3143 can deal with Japanese language.
It seems that the title of my article needs revision.

0 Likes