Sublime Forum

Changing theme (or just tab color) of individual tabs

What I would like to do is be able to easily distinguish tabs or groups of tabs from each other by color. For example, If I’m working on two projects concurrently, I would like to color all the tabs for one project red, and all the tabs for the other project blue. Is it possible to implement this with the current api?

Note that I am not looking to have different colors based on file types. Two files with the same type should be able to have different colors, and two files of different types should be able to have the same colors.

0 Likes

Highlight tabs which their names closly resemble

you can only achieve this by changing the color scheme of each individual tab, and I think the tab background color is picked up from the color scheme background color, so if I’m right, it won’t just be the tab itself that is colored, which isn’t ideal. Happy to be proven wrong though!

So you’d need to duplicate your color scheme for each color you want and tweak the background color, so you might end up with something like this:

0 Likes

This is changing theme background colors not an option for OS X ST3126. Tab colors set by something not in editable tmTheme files.

ANGUISH when editing multiple files: come back to edit ten similar pages next day and all you get is ten unsaved tabs, all the same color. Which one did we want to save? ARGH! Start over, then suddenly have to run for client. Same confusion 2 hours later. ARGH! Same thing, all day long. Every day!

Sublime doesn’t even distinguish active tab, all the same color. Very User UNFRIENDLY. Am I right recalling that ST2 at least gives active tab a unique color.

The only TAB string in the tmTheme files is “merchanTABility” disclaimer. No help in tab color. I guess we have to wait for Sublime’s programmers to make tabs friendly.

0 Likes