Sublime Forum

Build 3124: Error loading syntax file for LaTeX Memoir

Hi, I just updated to Build 3124 and reopened my current latex memoir-files and got the following error:

Error loading syntax file “Packages/LaTeX/LaTeX Memoir.sublime-syntax”: Unable to read Packages/LaTeX/LaTeX Memoir.sublime-syntax

I saw in the update note, that LaTeX syntax highlighting was to be improved, but now the memoir-setup is missing and even the normal LaTeX file produces different output.
Just using LaTeX->LaTeX gives me completely different and insufficient highlighting on any color theme (As the color theme just interpretes the syntax-highlighting this should not be the problem, right?)
Here is two times SolarizedDark Color Theme with LaTeX syntax highlighting.

How it should be (Build 3114) --> same for LaTeX and LaTeX Memoir syntax highlighting

• just one picture allowed… so: e.g. sec:magnetische_eigenschaften should be coloured
  • \begin and \centering, \includegraphics etc. did not have the same colour before…
  • All in all the colours are completely changed in the same scheme.

How it is now (Build 3124)

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes

You should post at https://github.com/sublimehq/Packages/issues. That is where the discussion and changes to the default syntaxes happens.

0 Likes

The LaTeX syntax has been completely rewritten and the special syntax for Beamer and Memoir (and TeX Math) have been removed.

The scope names and corresponding colors have been changed to better fit the meaning of the syntax e.g. \label as storage.type, \begin / \end from support.function to keyword.control, and the string highlighting of math environments has been removed.
I think, that every major change takes getting used to, but it has a lot of advantages over the old syntax. E.g. same math highlighting for inline math and math environments, better and more support for packages (listings, minted with a lot of languages, and comment).

However if you desperatly want back the old syntax you can download it from https://github.com/sublimehq/Packages/tree/v3114 at the tag 3114 and put the LaTeX folder in your Packages folder Preferences > Browse Packages....

1 Like

Strange syntax or color scheme changes post update/install
Latexing (Knitr) highlighting is a bit messed up

I complained about the different highlighting when I began using ST - now I got so used to it that I want it back haha…
I will get over it ; )
Thanks!

0 Likes

I think my biggest complaint about the new LaTeX syntax is that it is no longer “easy” to detect an extra $ or $$. It used to be painfully obvious when these were extra / missing / mismatched, but now I find it decidedly less clear. Perhaps I am missing the new giveaway?

Would it be possible to resurrect math mode coloring without losing the other great changes introduced in this version? Of course, if I am being too picky and should just get used to the new style, that is fine too :stuck_out_tongue:.

0 Likes

I made a post on LaTeXTools wiki, which explains how to get the math highlighting back. That highlighting is even better, because it will only highlight real math and not text inside math.

before:

after:

0 Likes