Sublime Forum

Boxy – It Was the Most Hackable Theme for Sublime Text 3

Love monochrome variant for folders.
Any chance we can have the same option for file icons?.. or at least reduce saturation to make file icon colors less prominent as currenty they tend to compete with text area/syntax highlight scheme colors.
Anyways, thanks for a great theme!

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, I have plans to implement monochrome icons in 2.1.0.

I’ll add some options in 2.0.3 :wink:

1 Like

:eyeglasses: Boxy v2.0.3 :eyeglasses:

:gift: Themes

:heavy_check_mark: Improve regex highlighting in find panel
:heavy_check_mark: Fix hover state of the sidebar icons
:heavy_check_mark: Add saturation levels of the sidebar icons

:gem: Color Schemes

:heavy_check_mark: Highlight string interpolation placeholders

:tada: In Action

"theme_bar_margin_top_sm": true,
"theme_find_panel_close_hidden": true,
"theme_grid_border_size_lg": true,
"theme_tab_selected_prelined": true,
"theme_tab_separator": true,
"theme_tab_arrows_hidden": true,
"theme_sidebar_icon_saturation_md": true,

:sunglasses: Thanks To

@michaelblyons for 4a1f852 & d6e0567

3 Likes

Thanks. Looks great.

0 Likes

:tada: Boxy Addons

Available for installation via Package Control.

These addons enable you to control Sublime Text UI font face, change the widget font size (Find & Replace text input, Console input and the text log) and more.

Check them out :wink:

1 Like

:eyeglasses: Boxy v3.0.0 :eyeglasses:

New & Renamed Options →

:heavy_check_mark: Add new accents
:heavy_check_mark: Add alternative ui icons
:heavy_check_mark: Review all file icons
:heavy_check_mark: Add monochrome file icons via addons
:heavy_check_mark: Add sidebar indent options
:heavy_check_mark: Make top bar monochrome by default
:heavy_check_mark: Add new flavors of the bar logo
:heavy_check_mark: Add rounded scrollbar variant
:heavy_check_mark: Add optional sidebar disclosure buttons
:heavy_check_mark: Add colored status bar variant
:heavy_check_mark: Change quick panel & autocomplete highlighted background by default
:heavy_check_mark: Fix assets of the scrollbar line variant
:heavy_check_mark: Disable line highlight in widgets
:heavy_check_mark: Disable margin top when active bar option
:heavy_check_mark: Improve colored bar colors
:heavy_check_mark: Make loader monochrome
:heavy_check_mark: Make sidebar title font regular by default
:heavy_check_mark: Reduce sidebar margin
:heavy_check_mark: Fix default size of the tooltips
:heavy_check_mark: Fix tab separator styles
:heavy_check_mark: Fix issue when tabs do not shrink enough when tab scrolling is disabled
:heavy_check_mark: Fix widget colors

:gem: Color Schemes

:heavy_check_mark: Add popup styles
:heavy_check_mark: Fix arguments are of the same color as functions
:heavy_check_mark: Fix highlighting on blocks with background color
:heavy_check_mark: Change colors of the guides
:heavy_check_mark: Improve json highlighting
:heavy_check_mark: Make cursor color the same as default foreground

And many more exciting improvements and enhancements!

See Full Change Log →

NOTE: If you have some problems with file icons try to delete other custom themes. More details here.

:tada: In Action

:sunglasses: Thanks To

@Lugoues for 5a90c95 & 1ece0df

@sbine for 33309d7

6 Likes

The Boxy Ocean theme is just awesome. Thanks !

1 Like

:tada: Boxy Monochrome Icon Addons

Available for installation via Package Control.

These Boxy addons enable you to set monochrome icons for the dark & light UI themes.

Check them out :wink:

0 Likes

I’ve really started to warm up to this theme set. It is customizable enough to work for a wide range of users.

Unfortunately, I hate having to look up the settings everytime I want to make a change (but I like have the settings :slightly_smiling: ). I have to pull up the theme’s wiki to see all the options, and then enter them in one by one. It’s kind of a pain. So I threw this plugin together to make setting the options easier (it is assuming mdpopups is available on your system, though it could be modified to not use mdpopups). It’s a static list of the options, so it has to be updated manually if more settings are added to Boxy.

It’s pretty easy to use as you just click the link to go to the setting section you want, and then click the checkbox to toggle the item etc.

It is not available publicly on Package Control, though you can dig it out of my experimental plugin sandbox here: https://github.com/facelessuser/SublimeRandomCrap/blob/master/boxy_config.py.

Anyways, just wanted to share this with anyone interested.

6 Likes

Wow! Looks very good :heart: Thanks a lot! Don’t you mind if I add it in the theme starting next release? :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, adding it directly makes a lot more sense :slightly_smiling: .

3 Likes

How can I change the font size of the search/replace, console and output tabs. It is a little too big for my liking. Is there a setting to control it?

To give a perspective, the font I use it Arial 8pt. Thats the top half in red/black. What I would like is for the font in the console to be around 10pt. Thats the bottom half in white.

Regards

0 Likes

Just try to install one of these addons.

Boxy Theme Addon - Widget Font XS changes the font size to 10px.

0 Likes

Here’s another solution of providing toggleable settings by using a quick panel: https://github.com/SublimeText/LaTeXTools/pull/773

Might be worth considering that too since they are fuzzy-searched. The only downside would be that you can’t see what categories are available at first (setting names could be prefixed with their category for discoverability though). The filter text would most likely need to be restored somehow.

FYI, you can also remove the underline for links with text-decoration: none (or text-decoration: inherit, if the former doesn’t work). I’d also make the entire line clickable, not just the box, like you do with <label> tags in HTML.

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t want to search for a single setting, I wanted to see the settings related to a given topic and see if they were set. That is why I took the popup route. But panel is fine, I just don’t think I would use it and it would clutter my searches with more irrelevant stuff. It isn’t really something I need constant access to, just when I want to make a change, I don’t want to hunt around for all available settings.

Yeah, Yeah, I know, I literally just threw it together yesterday :slightly_smiling:. I figured if it got picked up by Boxy, that there may be changes to it anyways; it was more of a proof of concept (that I am using). I also noticed that on OSX, the fake radio buttons turn into actual emoji, while on Windows they still look like font chars. I don’t know, maybe I could pick something that consistent.

1 Like

Sure, I like the popup settings too. Might even get me to check out the theme at some point.

Which codepoints did you use for theradio buttons? I don’t think any of these[1] qualifies as an “emoji”, but mac has always been a bit special about their unicode rendering.

[1]: http://unicode-search.net/unicode-namesearch.pl?term=CIRCLE

0 Likes

I used medium white circle and medium black circle. White was just a circle, and black was a solid circle. On Mac they are glossy colored circles…which is fine, I just wasn’t expecting it.

0 Likes

Awesome thanks

0 Likes

:eyeglasses: Boxy v3.1.0 :eyeglasses:

Starting 3.1.0 linter theme is included into the theme package. Boxy Theme Addon - Linter Theme will be removed soon. More info →

:heavy_check_mark: Add option to highlight text only for selected item in the sidebar
:heavy_check_mark: Add linter theme into the theme package

1 Like

Boxy Theme Addon - Widget Font LG will be renamed to Boxy Theme Addon - Widget Font Size. Other font size addons will be removed soon.

Its aim to have only the one widget font size addon and customize it like Boxy Theme Addon - Font Face.

More details here →

0 Likes