Sublime Forum

Boxy – It Was the Most Hackable Theme for Sublime Text 3

Oh, no, I should not do that) I think that Material Theme is the choice of those users who want amazing ST look out of the box, that’s why it’s so popular. Boxy Theme is the choice of those users who need hackability and have very specific tastes. Skins are just the example how they can customize it.

0 Likes

The Material Theme skin looks exactly to my Material Theme, that is a different theme from your Boxy. It uses exactly the same UI color scheme, but not the code color and doesn’t follow the original Material Theme specs. I think it can trick users that, perhaps, think that Material Theme is only a skin of Boxy, i think you should specify that this skin is a replica of the original theme and give a credit, maybe in the description

0 Likes

Oh, I understand, I’ll add a credit in the readme. Previously I added it to the wiki, but it seems not many users take a look at it.

0 Likes

Done. I’ve added link to the original under the skin section. Also I’ve added reference link in README.md.

1 Like

Love this theme, thank you !

Just a request - is there anyway to adjust the top margin/padding inside the editor so text isn’t up against the top bar?

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s not possible :disappointed: You can post your request here.

0 Likes

:eyeglasses: Boxy v5.0.0 :eyeglasses:

Starting 5.0.0 this theme uses zz File Icons package to display file icons. Please install the package and restart Sublime Text.

:gift: Themes

:heavy_check_mark: Add zz File Icons support
:heavy_check_mark: Add Boxy Nova theme
:heavy_check_mark: Add Minimal skin
:heavy_check_mark: Add settings to change the minimap viewport opacity

:gem: Color Schemes

:heavy_check_mark: Add Boxy Nova color scheme

:tada: In Action

:sunglasses: Thanks To

@mattst for 002e3a7

2 Likes

BOXY is great, there is just one thing that annoys me.

You update too often - it starts getting annoying to watch your IDE doing the update …

… wait … broken layout … wait … wait … restart -> OK … almost every second day … :confused:

0 Likes

I imagine at some point it will slow down, but the man has got ideas he wants to get in :slightly_smiling:.

Some packages hardly ever get updated. I’d rather get updated too often with useful stuff than rarely when certain things are broken. I imagine there will come a time in the future where it will have most everything everyone needs and it won’t get updated too much. I say: when a developer feels like pushing out work, let him/her, because the time will come they are too busy or not not motivated enough to get to issues (at least that’s my personal experience).

8 Likes

See https://github.com/oivva/st-boxy/issues/113#issuecomment-241626786

1 Like

Thank you oivva!

1 Like

Why is are these functions listed below not working? Everything else is working so far. It is one of the best themes ever!!! I also tried to tinker with Boxy theme code more directly because I wanted to change the syntax highlighting from red to blue (in which I failed because I couldn’t find it) and the color of the brackets to red (so reverse the colors).

// Make dirty icon to be always colored
   "theme_dirty_colored_always": true,

// Set green accent color for the dirty state
"theme_dirty_accent_green": true,

// Add rounded corners to the tabs
    "theme_tab_rounded": true,
0 Likes

You can use settings only for UI themes, color schemes could be changed manually. Some settings not working in some contexts. E.g. "theme_tab_rounded": true doesn’t work if "theme_bar": true. Also you have to use one accent color, I think theme_dirty_accent_green doesn’t work because you have activated another accent.

0 Likes

See this for manual customization.

0 Likes

Only the buttons are not working. The dirty pencil itself is working.

0 Likes

Please provide your settings and screenshot.

0 Likes

What do you mean by settings? I will provide the screenshot.

0 Likes

Do you mean the environment?

0 Likes

This highlights the problem perfectly.
Special attention to the tab.

0 Likes

Ah, I understood you. Yes, that’s not possible when you use filled tabs and I have no plans to add such functionality, sorry.

0 Likes