Sublime Forum

Boxy (DA UI) theme missing

Anyone figure out how to install the Boxy Theme from the “backup” repo?

1 Like

Another fork:
drosen0/boxy

0 Likes

I’ve uploaded the results of my efforts to create a DA UI inspired theme to github. It’s quite early development state so far, but should work well enough to give it a first chance out there in the wild.

Tried my best to immitate the DA UI and add some minor tweaks I found worth doing.

It requires Sublime Text 3.2+ and comes with support for the git integration features.

Most GUI elements can be modified using the variable support of the new sublime-theme format, but I did not make up my mind about which ones are worth to reveal to the “end user”.

4 Likes

@deathaxe, your efforts in this area are very much appreciated. I think Sublime’s default adapt theme, while great, never quite fit quite what I was looking for. It’s nice to the spirit of what DA was revived.

0 Likes

@deathaxe, it looks great! Do you intend to make it available via Package Control?

1 Like

0 Likes

I’m very surprised by this. It’s not often that someone will just up and delete everything, it happens, but thankfully it’s rare. The boxy theme was great and very popular, but I stopped using it when the Adaptive theme was implemented in the core. The DA UI theme didn’t seem to reach the popularity of its predecessor.

I also stopped using A File Icon in preference of braver’s more lightweight FileIcons package, which I guess is why I’ve only noticed the removal of these packages now.

The 2019 SO survey sees Sublime Text down over 5 points from 2018. It looks like vsode is killin’ it! Sublime isn’t the only one down: Atom, Eclipse, Netbeans, are all down. Some are holding their ground: PHPStorm, IntellJ, Vim, PyCharm.

1 Like

0 Likes