In an attempt to get some up-to-date info, and ideally a centralized list with feedback from other users, I’m interested in hearing what package developers would like to see in terms of API enhancements.
- One API enhancement, or a single set of cohesive functions/endpoints per post. This allows people to Like specific ideas.
- Concrete ideas for the API, such as what you would expect the endpoint to accept/return, or what the implementation would do
- No high-level/abstract ideas such as “flexible GUI system”, “HTML/CSS styling”, “better gutter tools”, “a sidebar API”. This is so everyone can better understand what exactly you feel is missing, or needs to be tweaked. In some cases, it will make you think about how you’d like something to work. For instance, a “sidebar API” means different things to different people.
- Use the Like functionality on any suggestion you think you would actually use for a package you would like to build, or have already built
- For your own usage, please rate the importance of this addition/change on the following scale: Trivial, Minor, Major
- Discuss ideas further by creating a linked topic
I sincerely appreciate the time and effort that I’m sure many of you will put into this. I will be splitting off interface suggestions to a separate topic. I will also move discussion of ideas to linked topics.
So, what changes would you like to see made to the API?