Sublime Forum

An Update request to add a confirm delete option for file deletion

It would be nice if the delete option on the folder explorer warned before deleting. Most of the time when I need to rename a file sometimes ends up clicking on delete and by just that the file is gone. no warning no prompt just deletes instantly.

1 Like

0 Likes

No additional plugin installed just reinstalled sublime the other day

0 Likes

Could you please confirm that deleting a folder for you does not show a confirmation dialog? Folder deletion in the sidebar has had a confirmation dialog since ~2012 and it’s clearly still working for other people.

0 Likes

It does not show a confirmation dialog for the build I am using as well. The file just gets deleted.

Technical Info:

1. Windows 7 64 bit OS
  2. Sublime build 3211
0 Likes

Have you tried reverting to a freshly installed state?

0 Likes

Yes. I have tried reverting to a freshly installed state. It’s still the same. No confirmation dialog on Windows 7 at least.

0 Likes

Ah ok. Yes deleting files has no confirmation dialog, deleting folders does. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I’m sure this behavior was intentional, though suffice to say I have had to dig through my deleted files more than once. The default file deletion command can be replaced to add a confirmation dialog if desired.

2 Likes