Sublime Forum

Zoom keypad + ctrl revisited

This is an old topic I once thought was fixed but now it has resurfaced again.

Flick is when you place your fingers on the keypad and quickly swipe up or down causing the page to scroll quickly in that direction and the effect is that the scroll will persist for some time.

Flick the page up or down in order to traverse its contents quickly I have to wait until the momentum of the Flick has dispersed before I can give a following command that includes a ctrl key or else the page zooms out of control and really disrupts work flow.

The fix was the same a mouse scroll + ctrl.
add to user preferences:
{ “button”: “scroll_down”, “modifiers”: [“ctrl”], “command”: “noop” },
{ “button”: “scroll_up”, “modifiers”: [“ctrl”], “command”: “noop” }

I am making the difference known that my situation applies to the keypad/ touchpad specifically.

This no longer works.

Thanks for your efforts in advance!

0 Likes

By keypad do you mean touchpad? The scroll animation shouldn’t be blocking any keyboard input.

0 Likes

Yes, of course touch pad, my bad.

0 Likes

It is not that any keyboard input is being blocked it is that the zoom increase and decreases when that is not desired. It happens too frequently. I would rather the key binding scroll + ctrl do nothing.

I have set in user\Default.sublime-keymap
{ “button”: “scroll_down”, “modifiers”: [“ctrl”], “command”: “noop” },
{ “button”: “scroll_up”, “modifiers”: [“ctrl”], “command”: “noop” }

This work for a time and now it does not. I need to prevent this zoom action like this.

0 Likes

Right, that should work as expected. What platform are you on? Which build of ST are you using?

0 Likes