Sublime Forum

Zen-coding

I have installed Zen-coding using Build 2111 and it has appeared in the package folder but I can’t make it work. I have tried to expand a zen snippet using Tab but it just types a tab. In Dreamweaver I use Ctrl+; but that doesn’t work in ST. I also note that under Preferences>Package Settings Zen does not appear - should it?

Any advice gratefully received.

0 Likes

Sorry, should have added OS which is Windows XP

0 Likes

I did use that. Actually I’m now getting results - I hadn’t appreciated that the snippets were file extension dependent and I was experimenting in a new unsaved document. Problem now is that the default HTML snippets trump zen. How can I choose the zen option instead?

0 Likes

OK I’ll do that - results shortly.

The folder is $APPDATA/Packages/ZenCoding and there are two folders inside that, one called **scripts **and the other called **zencoding **(with no capitals). zen_settings.py is in the inner one.

0 Likes

I have just updated ST2 to 2110 and I can’t use [TAB] to expand anything anymore …

0 Likes

Don’t know what all this means but here goes:

reloading /C/Documents and Settings/User/Application Data/Sublime Text 2/Packages/_ZenCoding/zen-coding.sublime-settings
Unloading plugin C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sublime Text 2\Packages_ZenCoding\dynamicsnippets.py
Unloading plugin C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sublime Text 2\Packages_ZenCoding\sublimezen.py
Unloading plugin C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sublime Text 2\Packages_ZenCoding\sublimezenplugin.py
Unloading plugin C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sublime Text 2\Packages_ZenCoding\zenmeta.py
Unloading plugin C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Sublime Text 2\Packages_ZenCoding\zentrackers.py
found 5 files for base name Default.sublime-keymap
error: Error parsing snippet xml: Error document empty. In file Packages/HTML5/Elements/Embedded content/figure.sublime-snippet
Generating meta info summary
Generating syntax summary
reloading /C/Documents and Settings/User/Application Data/Sublime Text 2/Packages/ZenCoding/zen-coding.sublime-settings
ZenCoding: loading my_zen_settings from zen-settings.sublime-settings

0 Likes

I get:

import sublime_plugin
sublime_plugin.all_callbacks’on_query_completions’]
<html_completions.HtmlCompletions object at 0x11392d310>, <python_codeintel.PythonCodeIntel object at 0x113c43050>, <sublimezenplugin.ZenListener object at 0x114255f10>]

0 Likes

Sorry, don’t understand that

0 Likes

But even when I manage to remove all the other completions from that array it doesn’t change anything.

0 Likes

Zen as you type is still working flawlessly. Earlier you were fixing a bug I reported on your original thread. After it, all was dandy and everything was working as expected. Then I installed the most recent version of ST2, which is 2110. After that all tab completions stopped working. I successfully altered sublimezenplugin.py to leave just the ZenListener inside the completions array but that didn’t change anything.

0 Likes

Sorry for the big image, I didn’t know it’d turn out that way. I resolved all the problems by wiping ST2 completely and reinstalling everything from scratch. I don’t know what happened, but everything seems fine now.

0 Likes

I’ve made a bit of progress. I re-installed everything and now, if I type either of the abbreviation examples given for html in zen-coding.sublime-settings ie **jq **and demo, or any of the html snippets and abbreviations in the default zen_settings.py file, they tab-complete correctly. However, nothing at all works for css.

Am I using it incorrectly or is there some setting that I need to fix?

0 Likes

Er-hmm…

Anyone got any ideas why my zen-coding plugin works for html but not css?

0 Likes