Sublime Forum

Zen Coding: Conflicting shortcuts

Hello folks

I am not sure whether I am raising this issue in the correct spot. I have not found any kind of developer site for Zen Coding plugin in Sublime Text 2.

The issue is, that the Zen Coding Plugin does have some keyboard shortcuts in Windows, that are conflicting with the standard Sublime shortcuts. Namely:

Ctrl+Shift+a
Ctrl+Shift+j
Ctrl+Shift+n
Ctrl+Shift+t
Ctrl+Shift+u

I don’t know if this is everything. I have only checked shortcuts with Ctrl+Shift+LETTER, since I had problems with Ctrl+Shift+n in HTML files.

Cheerio

0 Likes

To change these, do:

1. Open command pallette, do ‘list packages’
  2. Select ‘zen coding’, and it opens the folder for the package
  3. Edit the config files and fix the keys.
0 Likes

[quote=“impeached”]To change these, do:

1. Open command pallette, do ‘list packages’
  2. Select ‘zen coding’, and it opens the folder for the package
  3. Edit the config files and fix the keys.[/quote]

I you do that, next ZenCoding update will erase all you modifications.
You’d better **moving **the config files you want to edit to your user folder and edit them here.
Next ZenCoding update you only have to compare the new config files to add new keybindings and erase them again.

0 Likes

Hey guys, thanks for your info. What I actually wanted is raise the issue to whoever is developing ZenCoding, so they can change their shortcuts.
Cheers

0 Likes

It you want an attention, please write to Zen Coding github issues page: github.com/sergeche/zen-coding/issues
The developer has asked to write about every problem in ST2 to produce next version of the plugin officially (now it’s unofficial).

0 Likes

Serge is quite a bit away from that. The port to python needs doing first etc.

List some alternatives and I’ll roll them in.

Some of the bindings were in Zen before they were Sublime defaults as the plugin dates back to ST1 originally.

0 Likes

hi castle^^^
can u pls help me with this issue?
theese 2 thread shares the same solution maybe
https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/override-plugin-keybindings/6284/1

0 Likes

Hrmm … I thought I replied to this ? I’m losing what’s left of mind …

@Fed

Did you have any luck with using sublime.log_input and sublime.log_commands ?

0 Likes

[quote=“castles_made_of_sand”]Hrmm … I thought I replied to this ? I’m losing what’s left of mind …
[/quote]

time ago maybe, infact the only solution is to change the evaluate math keybind on the default.sublime-keymap
but this means that every update i’ve to rechange it…i’m looking to a way to override the default keybinding in the user one

[quote=“castles_made_of_sand”]
@Fed

Did you have any luck with using sublime.log_input and sublime.log_commands ?[/quote]

no, it doesn’t care about user keybind for it

0 Likes

I’m in the middle of migrating my computer to a new SSD drive … PITA

When I’m done I’ll add some settings on the default bindings that you’d like to have disabled …

It should then just a be a matter of adding a setting to your User/Preferences.sublime-settings or User/zen-coding.sublime-settings or whatever turns out more appropriate …

0 Likes

[quote=“castles_made_of_sand”]I’m in the middle of migrating my computer to a new SSD drive … PITA

When I’m done I’ll add some settings on the default bindings that you’d like to have disabled …

It should then just a be a matter of adding a setting to your User/Preferences.sublime-settings or User/zen-coding.sublime-settings or whatever turns out more appropriate …[/quote]

and i won’t stop to thank you^
let me know when ut’s available i’ll do some test^

P.S. SSD powah!!

0 Likes

Indeed! Feels like it boots up at least 10 times faster :smile: I had a shitty old 5400rpm drive

Could you list out all the problem bindings here?

This has something to do conflicts with alt_gr input yeah?

What’s the pattern I need to look out for?

0 Likes

@Fed03

Slap "alt_gr" : true in your User/Preferences.sublime-settings

I slapped a bindings context on the evaluate math expression binding so it will only run if alt_gr is undefined or false.

Lemme know if there is some other bindings you’d like this on

@Everybody

Regarding conflicting shortcuts, lemme know some suitable replacements eh?

0 Likes

New home for ZenCoding at Github:

github.com/sublimator/ZenCoding

0 Likes

[quote=“castles_made_of_sand”]@Fed03

Slap "alt_gr" : true in your User/Preferences.sublime-settings

I slapped a bindings context on the evaluate math expression binding so it will only run if alt_gr is undefined or false.

Lemme know if there is some other bindings you’d like this on

@Everybody

Regarding conflicting shortcuts, lemme know some suitable replacements eh?[/quote]

yeah it works ty for all castle…hope that u receive more help now that zc it’s on github
sadly i cannot help :blush:

0 Likes

@Fed03

You could help write a section in Italian for alt_gr keybindings :smile:

github.com/sublimator/ZenCoding … /README.md

etc

0 Likes