Sublime Forum

Wrong stable version for centos

Hi I tried installing/uninstalling the sublime3 for CentOS multiple times but it keeps asking me for license. I believe the stable version for CentOS under the stable link is not really the correct one. With the one under stable link, I still get installed for v3157. Could someone double check it?

0 Likes

The current stable version is not 3157, that’s the latest dev build. Something to check might be that you didn’t add the repository for both the stable and the development versions; you should only have one of the repositories added.

0 Likes

I deleted the repo and made sure I downloaded the stable one but still get 3157. Unless there’s some cache stuff going on (I might have used wrong one for the 1st installation), it feels like the link itself has some errors.

Is there a way to download a specific build version, e.g. 3143?

0 Likes

I know you can download it directly (I don’t use that distro and always just use download and manually install the tarball version) but I don’t think you can use that method and grab a specific version.

If you just have the stable repository added and it’s still trying to pull from the other one, my best guess would be that it’s been cached somehow. However since I’m not familiar with that package mechanism in general I don’t know if there’s a way to get it to drop the cached info and force it to refresh the package list, unfortunately.

0 Likes

I think it was most likely a bug on the server end. Just did it again and it switched to 3143 now.

0 Likes