Sublime Forum

Working with a repo in sparse-checkout shows "hidden" files

Recently our company started working on a large mono repo, where you can work on different projects within in the repo in sparse-checkout. When doing so however, Sublime Merge shows me all files that are not included into the sparse checkout cone as staged files. Even if I unstage them they immediately appear again. I have other coworkers that use other git clients that don’t have this behaviour. Is there any way I can configure Sublime Merge to don’t show the files or is this simply not possible?

0 Likes

SM can handle sparse-checkouts quite well. I use it every day.

The only situation it runs wild is when trying to pop a stash, which contains files of folders not included in current sparse-checkout. In that case those files are displayed as “staged” without possibility to commit or remove them from staging area.

The only solution is to hard reset the working directory to HEAD.

0 Likes

Thanks you very much! While resetting the working directory didn’t solve the issue for me, I now knew the issue must be on my side. Apparently the issue is with the --sparse-index flag. The docs of the repo recommend calling init with the flag which lead to showing all other files as staged. If I omit the flag everything works fine.

0 Likes