Sublime Forum

[WORKAROUND] ST doesn't recognised new settings until restart while syncing via Dropbox

I followed the approach from @wbond to sync my user dir via Dropbox. (https://packagecontrol.io/docs/syncing)

With linking to the Dropbox folder I noticed that under Windows it breaks the ability of ST3 to notice changes in user setting files upon saving. The new settings will only get applied after a restart of the editor.

Is there anyway to get the old behaviour back in that scenario?

0 Likes

2 Likes

Thanks @kingkeith . I might try the package Package Syncing or link the whole packages directory.

I was just curious about that because that happened constantly for me (Windows 7, Windows 10 & various ST3 builds, currently latest dev build). And if that misbehaviour would be common than it should be noted for that sync option.

0 Likes

I tried today one of the mentioned workaround. If I link the whole packages directory (that contains user) than ST3 recognises changed settings file immediately. If I link only the user directory as @wbond recommend in his syncing documentation than ST won’t recognise settings changes upon saving.

ST3, Build 3142, Windows 10 64 bit

That means in general it works. In some cases it doesn’t work if only the user dir is symlinked but symlinking the packages directory with the user dir within is a possible workaround.

0 Likes