Sublime Forum

Word boundaries

Hello,

I write German TeX-text with UTF8 encoding and a spell checker. The word

Hallo

is marked as “correct” (i.e. not marked), but the word

Hallo“ (at the end of a quotation) is marked as incorrect and the quotation sign itself is also marked as misspelled. What can I do? I’ve tried to extend the word_separators preference:

"word_separators": "”“„./\\()\"'-:,.;<>~!@#$%^&*|+=]{}`~?"

That didn’t work either.

Thanks

anhil

0 Likes

Bump - anyone?

0 Likes

You might need to escape (or double-escape) your extra quotation characters.

"word_separators": "\\”\\“\\„./\\()\"'-:,.;<>~!@#$%^&*|+=]{}`~?"
0 Likes

[quote=“agibsonsw”]You might need to escape (or double-escape) your extra quotation characters.

"word_separators": "\\”\\“\\„./\\()\"'-:,.;<>~!@#$%^&*|+=]{}`~?"

That doesn’t work. I still get an “incorrect spelled” word. Why should I need to escape the quotation marks? They don’t affect the json string, do they?

Patrick

0 Likes

Same problem here with other languages. Any news?

0 Likes

Same here. Adding double angle quotation marks («») to word boundaries makes it possible to select the word without the quotation marks, but the spell-check still thinks it’s misspelt. I am using ST3.

0 Likes

I’m still having this problem with words which are added to my user dictionary. For example, Silberstein’s is red-underlined, even though Silberstein is added and not underlined.

Is this a bug?

0 Likes

Looks like it. With my English dictionary normal English words work with 's here, but made up words with 's it will consider the whole thing including 's as one word. For example these English words work:
cow's
apple's
But the Dutch equivalents (after adding them to the dictionary) don’t work:
koe's
appel's
And when right clicking on them before adding the words to the dictionary it suggest to add the whole thing koe's to the dictionary. Is ' somehow treated special?

ps.
Similar behaviour when ignoring words.

0 Likes