Sublime Forum

WinError2 in ST3

I’ve read over very similar posts but none seem to solve my issue. I am just starting to learn to code in Python and I’m a new user to ST3. I’m trying to type my first print(“Hello Python World!”) command in ST3 but I keep getting the WinError2 code below. I’ve looked at similar posts and checked the path to ensure I have “C:\Python33;” and “C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3;” (where my sublime program files are saved) listed. I’ve been searching online posts off and on for a couple days so any help would be appreciated.

[WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified
[cmd: [‘python3’, ‘-u’, ‘C:\JD\python_work\hello_world.py’]]
[dir: C:\JD\python_work]
[path: “C:\Python33;”;C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Users\jdran\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\jdran\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32;]
[Finished]

0 Likes

On windows, Python 3 installs itself as python.exe and not python3.exe (using a name like python3 is more common on Linux and MacOS). I would try changing your custom build to just say python, or use the built in Python build which already does that, and see if that solves your problem.

0 Likes

Ok, thanks. I’ll have to read up on the .exe and the custom or built in Python builds

0 Likes