Sublime Forum

Windows Context Menu: Add "Create Sublime Project Here"

This feature request is similar to @firefusion’s proposal:

… but slightly different (I’m not 100% sure how @firefusion’s proposal would actually handle this).

I propose that ST Win installation adds the folder/file Context Menu “Create Sublime Project Here”, which would create a new project in current folder — either by clicking anywhere inside the folder’s panel, or by selecting a folder icon/path (in the latter case, the project would be created in the selected subfolder).

This would be more handy than having to copy the full path to clipboard (from File Explorer bar) and pasting it in the newly created project’s save dialog; or having to navigate through the file explorer control of the save dialog.

Propably the difference between @firefusion’s proposal and mine is that he his proposing to open the folder in ST as a new unnamed and unsaved project, while I’m proposing to just create the required project file (eg: newproject.sublime-project) in place (with some default name abd populated with some basic JSON fields/settings). Then it’s up to the user to rename the project file as desired and open it with ST.

0 Likes