Sublime Forum

Windows, Autohot Key, Alt Gr and Other Keybinding Excitement

Hi.

I have about 230 ish keybindings and have just moved from linux to windows, where I find I can’t use the windows key (that might not be entirely true) anymore (it’s also the super key in linux).

I was thinking I could use the alt gr key instead of the windows key, but it turns out that windows doesn’t recognize alt gr as a separate key, basically alt gr = ctrl + alt.

Before I start remapping my keyboard, has anyone else run into these issues and do you have a fix or a direction I could go in ? I’m using ST3, which will no doubt throw a bit of a spanner in the works but I’m guessing a very large proportion of what I’ve just posted about will also be true for ST(4).

Hope y’all having a great festive season (if you’re festivising) otherwise:-
Bonne Continuation !

:rabbit::hocho:

0 Likes

Remapping all Sublime keys including default

Windows doesn’t let applications capture altgr or the windows key; they are processed by windows before ST gets those events. There’s ways to work around this as described here: https://www.reddit.com/r/bashonubuntuonwindows/comments/14pou5e/taking_control_of_the_super_key/, but that’s outside the scope of Sublime Text.

1 Like

This is not exactly what you are asking for, but related to some extent. My issue was that I wanted to use the Windows key with both hands, so I re-mapped the menu key to the Windows key. To do that, I used the code below in Autohotkey. The re-mapping is not perfect, but works for most of what I need, such as Win + #, Win + Shift + # and Win + Ctrl + # where # is numbers 1 through 6.

*AppsKey::Send, {LWinDown}
*AppsKey Up::Send, {LWinUp}
1 Like

That reddit post was what I was looking at (or something very similar), thus my post, before going down that rabbit hole.

Thanks for you reply.
:rabbit::hocho:

0 Likes

Thank you that might be useful, gives me some functionality… I’m putting off diving into AutoHotKey, but I should bite the bullet :rabbit::hocho:

0 Likes