Sublime Forum

Window buttons (OSX) overlay content when exiting full-screen

Hi – I’ve noticed that, on exiting full-screen mode or distraction-free mode, the Mac’s window buttons overlay the content, like so…

Exited full-screen mode:

The only way to remedy this is to first move the window, then double-click in the title bar to expand the window.

(This is on Sublime Version 3.2.1, Build 3207; OSX 10.14.6)

Edit: I have system-wide ‘Automatically hide and show the menu bar’ activated. This seems to be causing the issue as, when I deactivate it, full-screen and distraction-free modes work as expected!

0 Likes

Hm, I can’t reproduce this issue on 10.14.1. Can you confirm that this happens on a clean install and all you need to do to trigger it is enable ‘Automatically hide and show the menu bar’, go into full screen and then exit?

0 Likes

To add to this, I can’t reproduce this on 10.15 either.

0 Likes

I can confirm this problem exists in 10.15.5 using Sublime 3.2.2. I have the Automatically hide and show the menu bar option enabled, and when I enter full screen and then exit, I have the symptom reported by @marktripney.

0 Likes

I’ve enabled that option and can’t reproduce this on 10.15.5. Can you try reverting to a freshly installed state and switch to the adaptive theme?

0 Likes

I reverted to a clean install per @bschaaf’s instructions. I was able to reproduce the behavior as follows:

1. Open fresh SublimeText.
  2. Switch to Adaptive Theme.
  3. Zoom the window to fill the screen (SHIFT-CMD-M)
  4. Enter full-screen mode (CTRL-CMD-F)
  5. Exit full-screen mode (CTRL-CMD-F)

At this point, the macOs window controls overlay the SublimeText controls:

The key is that the window must be in maximized mode before entering full screen; when the screen is redrawn after exiting full-screen mode the overlay occurs. It’s worth reiterating that if the macOs option to automatically show/hide menu bar is disabled, the problem does not occur.

0 Likes

CMD+SHIFT+M doesn’t seem to be a default keybinding in macOS. Are you using some external software to provide that keybinding?

0 Likes

@bschaaf, there is built-in keyboard shortcut addition support in macOS that allows for global Menu Item keyboard shortcuts. I also have one for Cmd+Shift+M to click the menu item Window -> Zoom.

If you wanted to, you can add this shortcut in System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> App Shortcuts (bottom of items on left). Then click the + underneath and enter ‘Zoom’ for Menu Title & type whatever shortcut you would like.

0 Likes

Using Window→Zoom and following @calittle’s instructions I still can’t reproduce this. Using 3211 on macOS 10.15.5.

0 Likes