Sublime Forum

Will not save css file

I have been using Sublime for a couple of months now, everything has been working good.
I am using browser sync with it. For some reason, it will not save any css file. It will save index, js, and any other file I try to save but not my css file. I tried using different names (main.css, style.css)
but it does not save. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling sublime. But no help. Please help I can not do anything because of this problem.

Thank's Glenn
0 Likes

In what way is it not saving your css file? Which platform are you using? Which version of Sublime Text are you using?

0 Likes

I am using the most current sublime 3. It will create the file ok, but when I try to save my edited file it wont save. if I use ctrl+s or I can go to " file save" and nothing works no changes are made when I view it in a browser, I am using browser sync. It will update the html and other files fine but not the css. This seems like a very strange problem to me.

0 Likes

Have you tried doing a hard-refresh in your browser. Browsers cache assets like CSS by default, so it’s likely just using a cached older version of your css file.

1 Like

Yes, and I cleared the browser history

0 Likes

Does closing the file in Sublime Text and reopening it show the changes you’ve made? If so then Sublime Text is saving your changes and the problem lies elsewhere (most likely with your browser).

0 Likes

If I close sublime and reopen it does have my changes. If I ctrl+s on index.html it says “connected to browser sync” but with a CSS file I git nothing. it was working fine it just stoped working.

0 Likes

I wish you get whatever you want in your life :smile:

0 Likes