Sublime Forum

White background color scheme/theme

I just started using ST3, after years of using ST2. I always used the Eiffel color scheme, with white background and multicolor text controlled by language/syntax.

ST3 does not seem to have the Eiffel color scheme, and I can’t seem to find any that look as good (everything seems too dark and dim). Can anyone suggest an ST3 equivalent?

0 Likes

If you like Eiffel so much, why don’t you install it :wink: It’s part of the legacy color schemes

0 Likes

I followed your link and followed the instructions, there is no Eiffel color scheme listed, nor are there any other legacy themes. Maybe I should roll back to ST2 and wait for things to settle.

0 Likes

The them is definitely there:

0 Likes

Things are quite settled actually. ST3 has been in development and use for years.

The legacy color schemes are hidden, you need to specifically enable them by adding "show_legacy_color_schemes": true to your preferences (so it shows up in the list), or by manually putting it into your preferences.

The new Sixteen is also a pretty good white-background-colored-text color scheme. Have you tried that?

4 Likes

I currently have 6 color schemes showing, the same number I had before I installed “Color Scheme - Legacy” package. I ran the Command Palette and typed UI; Select color scheme, and so no change whatsoever.

I also have no vertical scrollbars on my screen, normally on the right of the folders pane, and on the right of the edit pane.

I really am not interested in debugging an editor, I just want a working one.

Is there a way to get an earlier build of ST3, or go back to ST2?

0 Likes

Here is my "Preferences.sublime-settings – User

{
“caret_extra_bottom”: 3,
“caret_extra_top”: 3,
“caret_extra_width”: 2,
“color_scheme”: “Packages/Agila Theme/Markdown/Light Solarized Markdown.tmTheme”,
“font_size”: 13,
“highlight_line”: true,
“ignored_packages”:
[
“Vintage”
],
“material_theme_big_fileicons”: true,
“material_theme_small_tab”: true,
“overlay_scroll_bars”: “enabled”,
“show_legacy_color_schemes”: true,
“tab_size”: 2,
“theme”: “Agila Dracula.sublime-theme”,
“translate_tabs_to_spaces”: true,
“use_tab_stops”: true
}

I exited the editor and re-entered, and nothing changed at all, no legacy color schemes.

Also, if I select color schemes, I don’t see Sixteen…

This is aggravating.

0 Likes

Then either you’re not on 3.0 or something about your setup is broken. Have you tried resetting ST?

0 Likes

I just did a full de-install and re-install of ST3, Build 1343. It does have an optional color scheme I can use. But, I don’t think this was a step forward… :unamused:

0 Likes

Is there a tutorial that shows how to edit a color scheme to produce a custom one?

Among the available schemes, I find things I like and dislike in all of them. I guess I am picky.

I am also old and like bright colors and don’t like dim pastels on gray backgrounds.

0 Likes

This worked for me thanks

0 Likes