Sublime Forum

Where is the tab title/sidebar font defined in Ubuntu?

Something in my system configuration changed that made this font unreadable, and I’m trying to figure out where it is getting pulled from so I can fix it.

The actual content of the files is fine, it’s just the tab titles and the sidebar content that is affected.

Ubuntu 20.04.

0 Likes

The Default and Adaptive themes use “Sans” as the font. You’ll probably need to look at your font config to see what that is mapping to.

0 Likes

Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to be it; everywhere else that is using Sans seems to be doing it fine. Don’t have any user-level font-config, and what I see in /etc/fonts/ seems stock.

0 Likes

What Sublime Text theme are you using? Can you post a screenshot?

0 Likes

Maybe there’s something to get you started in this thread, from March 31st onwards. I know it doesn’t look like it at the start, skip the first bit (IYW).
I managed to change the size of the font (making it much smaller so I can get more info on my screen). I’m using Mint, so not a million miles away from Ubuntu…

I’m prob not the best person to ask though for help being a noob, there are wiser minds on this forum…

0 Likes

0 Likes

I don’t have a file

~/.config/sublime-text-3/Packages/User/Default.sublime-theme

and I can go Preferences > Theme, but then I can’t read what pops up.

0 Likes

Does following the steps at https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html fix it? Be sure to keep your data dir so you can put it back after testing.

0 Likes

deleting that folder does not correct the issue.

0 Likes

Ok, that indicates that the issue is with your OS font config such that an unsuitable font is being returned when “Sans” is requested.

1 Like