Sublime Forum

Weird rendering issue on Windows 8

I get the strange rendering issue in Sublime Text 2(.0.1, build 2217) on Windows 8. This problem has persisted over several Windows 8 reinstalls (though I’ve restored my home directory from one installation to the next), and was not present on the same hardware when running on Windows 7, nor do I see it on a Windows 8 VM running on a different computer. I have not encountered rendering problems in any other applications, and the same behaviour has exhibited on several different nVidia driver versions (currently 314.07; the graphics card is a GeForce GTX 560 Ti).

The rendering problem is also mostly independent of the colour scheme used (IDLE used in the figure above), but the colours seem to change a bit between schemes.

0 Likes

sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html

Most likely is a missing theme somewhere.

0 Likes

Indeed, that explains it. I renamed the “AppData/Roaming/Sublime Text 2” folder out of the way and started Sublime Text 2, and everything worked ok. I started going through the differences between the old and newly created directories, and all of the PNGs from the “Packages/Theme - Default” directory had been missing; no idea when they’d gotten lost, but now everything is ok again.

0 Likes

That is so weird. I just experienced the exact same thing, albeit on a Mac.

Before it happened, I was using the SFTP upload plugin to sync a local project folder to a remote one. I accidentally closed Sublime while it was working, and every time I’d open it again afterwards, I’d get all kinds of different graphics glitches (and, upon inspection, yes, all the PNG files are missing from my theme).

Were you doing anything particular before it happened? Perhaps using the SFTP plugin, too?

PS: How the fudge do you subscribe to a topic? The FAQ reads, “To subscribe to a topic, reply to the topic with the subscribe checkbox checked or click the “Subscribe topic” link within the topic itself.”, neither of which exist.

EDIT: Actually, all kinds of other files were missing too. The SFTP plugin, for instance, was also broken, and sublimelinter. I had to restore my “~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/” folder from backup to get it back on track. Not sure if this was cause by the SFTP plugin or Sublime itself, but the latter kinda makes more sense…

0 Likes