Sublime Forum

Webdav plugin

Hi,
Is anybody knows a plugin or a project about a webdav connection like plugin SFTP/FTP ?
Thanks for your answers.

0 Likes

I’ve never used it before, but I think https://packagecontrol.io/packages/SFTP (the only thing I know is that you need to have your id and password in clear in a file, so it’s not super secure)

0 Likes

The only WebDAV plugin that seems to be in PackageControl is WebDavSync, it might do what you need.

I’ve never used it (although I do use the SFTP plugin you mentioned), but based on the description in PackageControl it just always uses WebDav to push a file in your project to the remote server whenever you save, whereas the SFTP plugin can go both ways.

Depending on your needs that may or may not be all you need.

0 Likes

SFTP is unlikely to get WebDav support. Unfortunately the demand has been minuscule (just a few email requests in the past 5 years), and the increased sales are extremely unlikely to cause development time to come anyway close to break-even, not to mention the inevitable bugs and issues related to that.

0 Likes

Thanks for your explications. I hope the demand will grow up in the future because i work in a big compagny where connections are fully encrypted and available via webdav connection with certificats so i am sure that i’m not the only one on this case. See you in few years…

0 Likes

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, this plugin not work very well so it’s more useful to use an official client FTP/SFTP/Webdav like cyberduck…

0 Likes

@djoz if most people in your company use ST and there really is demand for such a functionality, why not contact @wbond and ask him how much it would cost to have him implement it? Or if it’s not your decision but you can estimate time savings across your team and a rough estimate of cost savings per year, I’m sure that whoever decides would be interested in supporting your idea if it’s cheaper to have @wbond implement it.

1 Like