Sublime Forum

[Vintage] - Surrounding Double Quotes

Hi,

So I found a relatively annoying bug in vintage mode. In visual mode if you highlight some text and then press single quote it does as expected, it will surround the highlighted text in single quotes. But if you try to do the same with double quotes, highlighting the text and pressing double quotes (which you obviously have to press shift for) nothing happens. It doesn’t surround the highlighted text in double quotes. (I’m on a mac)

Many thanks,

CJ

0 Likes

Since 2134 neither single or double surrounding quotes work in visual mode.

0 Likes

This is by design: ’ and " have specific (bookmark and register related) meanings in vim, so they only surround the selection with quotes while in insert mode

0 Likes

has this been fixed? I would also like to know if the same can work for parenthesis, brackets, even backtics ` all would be helpful to me.
thanks

0 Likes

This may help: github.com/jcartledge/vintage-sublime-surround

0 Likes

I don’t know about ST2 but in ST3 brackets and parenthesis work fine by just selecting the opening bracket.

To wrap apostrophes or quotes in Vintage mode you **don’t **need the Surround plugin.
All you need to do is:

• select (multi) lines in Visual mode

• hit apostrophe or Shift+apostrophe (nothing appears to happen)

• hit ESC

note: this technique doesn’t seem to work with the Vintageous plugin. Only with the built-in Vintage mode.

1 Like