Sublime Forum

View In Browser not working?

I followed instructions in the following link (Windows 10) except I didn’t think I needed a browser chooser.

https://www.granneman.com/webdev/editors/sublime-text/set-up-sublime-text-to-preview-your-code-in-a-web-browser/

When I select View In Browser from tools menu nothing happens

0 Likes

Could you open Sublime’s console and see if anything of interest prints there when you click on “Open In Browser” in the tools menu? You could also open an issue about this on this GitHub repository.

0 Likes

Okay, lots of things of interest showed up in Console. It’s going to take me a while to figure them out.
Thanks

0 Likes

It might print a “backtrace” when you click on “View in Browser”, it’d be helpful if you could paste that here. You can use triple backticks here to make that pasted text a mono-sized font.

0 Likes

Okay, it’s working know. I found the information on PackageControl.io It was trying to open FireFox, which I don’t have. There are different control codes for Edge & Chrome
Thanks
Frank

1 Like

Because frankp didn’t want to say the actual solution, I made an accountto help people with the same problem.

Different key combos open the file in different browsers, for example:

Ctrl+Alt+V opens Firefox
Ctrl+Alt+C open Chrome
Ctrl+Alt+I opens Internet Explorer
Ctrl+Alt+S opens Safari

0 Likes

For me it is amazing that something as logic as it is to run a HTML project has to suffer lots of problems to be executed or configured. I have pass more than a week trying to configure it unsucesfully. I think it is more than obvius that we only have to select our prefered browser and ready.

0 Likes

It doesn’t work to me.

0 Likes