Sublime Forum

V4 update release

Why do you care more about Merge then Sublime Text 4?

Microsoft sucks at updates and the editor was so much better. Now it is lacking with updates and features

1 Like

Merge is new and has a requires additional effort before it has the baseline of features people expect from a git gui especially with there being several good ones already available.

Sublime as already made it’s mark and has mostly everything you need making it harder to find things to improve upon that don’t counter it’s purpose as a lightweight, fast code editor.

3 Likes

V4 !?! LOL V3 isn’t even completed yet! Wouldn’t “complete” be the stable version and dev version being the same release number?

So if Sublime 3 is falling to the way side… I understand why you have lost interest on the premise that Sublime’s goal is to be light weight, what about all the bugs that still get reported here in the forums? I guess close to perfect is all it will ever get? Sorry, one of the main reasons I made the move to Sublime was because it was actively being supported and developed. I believe there is always room or place for improvement.

Are there really that many people having to merge files…???

0 Likes

From my perspective SM and ST have and will have huge synergy effects (the latest ST dev build shows this). Thus SM is really good for ST. And of course SM needs more work currently since it is still very young.

SM changed my way of working and helps me very much. I never liked git GUIs and loved to work on the console but SM offers much convenience.

So what do you miss vor ST v4? For me ST works fine and gets better and better - step by step.

2 Likes

Money is the most important thing in life… :scream:

0 Likes

We are currently working towards a 3.2 release. Work is still going into the 3.x version for now. You’ll notice we’ve actually used a bunch of functionality from Merge to extend Sublime Text. Additionally, with more engineers, we have more bandwidth to deal with low-level enhancements, like the update to GTK3 on Linux.

12 Likes

just want to say that ST is the best text editor i can ever remember using for my needs and uses - i could care less about version numbers - the quality of the code and the responsiveness are far more important for tools like this

8 Likes

OK should have meant v3.2

0 Likes

the sublime native auto complete suck monkey hair. The intellisense and tern and other auto complete plugins require too much set up, and doesn’t work sometimes and sometime so buggy you gotta turn it off.

Just improve the autocomplete alone sublime doesn’t need any more feature.

0 Likes

Please allow the sidebar to move to the right before we hit v4 :slight_smile: Just moved back from VSCode and that one small feature just makes things so much better.

0 Likes

I agree that it would be a good area to improve (and it has slowly been getting better).

0 Likes

Request this feature - support customized fallback fonts, please.

0 Likes