Sublime Forum

Using Sublime Text/Merge often crashes my MacBook while using an EGPU

In Sublime Merge (after using the computer for at least a few hours), clicking on “discard all” will suddenly freeze the monitor that is connected to the eGPU. However, the monitors not connected to the eGPU are fine. I need to unplug my eGPU and plug it back in.

This is often reproducible and seems to only happen in Sublime apps.

In Text, it seems to happen when I paste large contents into the window

MacBook Pro 2018 10.14.4
Sonnet Breakaway Box 650 with RX 580

1 Like

Build 3200 Crashing on MacOS (Assertion failure in NSCGLSurface flushRect)

Possibly the same type of issue seen with Display Link, here is details and something to try:

0 Likes

I have the same issues with version 3.2.1 build 3207 and a similar setup (Razor Core X and the RX580, a MBP 2017 with macOS 10.14.4).
Sublime Text crashes on almost any action taken when the window is on my external monitor. When I move the window to the MacBook’s own monitor first, it works without crashing.

After following the advice on the gpu_window_buffer settings, Sublime Text stopped crashing.
However, the version of Sublime Text I’m using has a workaround for the DisplayLink problem in its changelog already (which apparently doesn’t seem to help).

EDIT: If I read the last post in the linked thread correctly, the workaround detects usage of a DisplayLink adapter and sets this option automatically. That would certainly explain why the problem persists in this version.

0 Likes

Unfortunately 10.14.4 appears to be pretty buggy with NSOpenGLView. Setting gpu_window_buffer to false is your best bet for now if you are experiencing crashes.

1 Like

yep, setting gpu_window_buffer to false fixed it

0 Likes