Sublime Forum

Use Selection for Find / Find in Files

Hi there, I have some issues with the ST2 Find function in the Mac version 2.0.2 (Build 2221). I usually use the Find in Files function to find and replace lines of code.

When trying to switch between the Find and Replace fields to modify the entries in these, I sometimes have to click 10 times on the box to get the cursor to register and appear. Sometimes it seems to work normally.

Other times if I type in something to find and wish to leave the replace blank, i.e. to delete these entries, many times ST2 fills in the entry with the last replaced term and I end up replacing the search criteria to the wrong thing rather than just deleting them.

When using 'Use Selection for Find, I would highlight a number of lines of code, then select ‘Use Selection for Find’ and then click on Find in Files, then do the find, but the search results seem to come up every time with no results when they should have come up with something.

0 Likes

I also seem to be having other issues with Find in Files.

I have the pages open in ST2 in front of me - i.e. the files the directory the Find in Files is set to. I copy a line of code e.g.

<a href=“http://www.example.co.uk” target="_top"

Replace with:

<a href=“index.html”

No instances found in zero files. Except it is present in nearly every file. Same thing if I copy a longer line of code and paste it into the replace row (still fitting on one line). No results.

It only seems to work if I reduce the size of the code to just the URL.

This doesn’t make sense! Surely a bug. I will have to give up and use another html editor for the find/replace function as I’m not doing it all manually!

0 Likes

Is there any news on a new build for 2.0.2 or a 2.0.3 release date please? I am really wondering when we can expect this search/find function to work properly on the Mac version. Thanks.

0 Likes

Do you have “find whole words” turned on?

0 Likes