Sublime Forum

Upgrade to 3124 caused Package Control to move into ignored packages

When I upgraded to 3124 (OSX El Capitan), I noticed that I didn’t have Package Control installed anymore (the command palette didn’t have Package Control items). The release notes for 3124 mentioned that SublimeText baked in a way to install Package Control, so I looked for that option in the command palette and couldn’t find it.

It seems that, for some reason, Package Control was added to my ignored_packages array in my preferences. I’m not really sure why, but removing package control from the ignore packaged list brought everything back to normal for me.

0 Likes

3125: Package Control removed?
[Solved] Package Control disabled in build 3126

Not that it explains why or how PackageControl got into the list of ignored packages at all, but the command that installs PackageControl hides itself from the menu and the command palette if it detects that PackageControl is already installed.

0 Likes

It is more likely a bug occurred when Package Control tried to update itself to version 3.2.0. That was released the other day in prep for build 3124.

0 Likes

hmm, my PC also wound up in installed packages - only just noticed :wink:

unfortunately I restarted ST since it updated itself, so I have no console logs which might shed some light on the problem…

after removing it from ignored packages, it showed:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “package_control.loader in C:\Users\Keith.Cosmos\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\Package Control.sublime-package”, line 444, in do_swap
PermissionError: [WinError 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: ‘C:\Users\Keith.Cosmos\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\0_package_control_loader.sublime-package’
Package Control: Installing 1 upgrades

So I closed ST and manually deleted Installed Packages\0_package_control_loader.sublime-package and renamed 0_package_control_loader.sublime-package-new because it didn’t seem to fix itself after restarting ST.

0 Likes

I remove 0_package_control_loader.sublime-package-new in this case and everything works fine than.

0 Likes

Thread necromancer.

I have also just experienced this as well going to the latest stable version of Sublime Text 3 as of 2017-09-15 on Windows. My OSX and Linux installations seemed to handle it well.

0 Likes