Sublime Forum

Upgrade says $0?

Today Sublime Text tells me “LICENSE UPGRADE REQUIRED”. OK, time to upgrade…

On the upgrade page I enter my Sublime 2 license. Below the license box, the text continues to read “TOTAL: USD $0”, along with a button that says “PAY WITH CARD”. The Pay button simply opens a box asking for my credit card information… with no indication of how much the charge is. Hrm… I must be doing this wrong somehow… how much will my card be charged?

0 Likes

0 Likes

thanks deathaxe.

Hmmm… upgrade page says “$0” and Pay With Card button there still offers to take my payment (of how much?)… also, Sublime 3 has a banner saying “LICENSE UPGRADE REQUIRED”… so looks like upgrade time (don’t remember just when I bought my license), but I sure wish the payment page indicated how much will be charged.

• td
0 Likes

FWIW the upgrade page works as expected for me. Before I paste in my license key it says $0 but clicking the button just beings up a message box saying I have to enter a license key.

When I enter the license key the amount immediately changes to $30.

You may need to email sales@sublime.com

Or maybe your upgrade is supposed to be free for some reason?

0 Likes

Though Sublime never told me that an upgrade was required, just as a test I pasted my license in, which needs no upgrade because I just bought it last year. The dollar amount stayed at 0, but when I clicked the button a popup told me that no upgrade was required.

So anecdotally it seems like the pay with card button shouldn’t ask you for details unless you actually have to pay. I would indeed double check with sales just to be sure.

0 Likes

where I have to put the new license?

0 Likes

https://www.sublimehq.com/store/upgrade

0 Likes