Sublime Forum

Upgrade dev build - still free with ST2 license?

I see the dev build got updated today. My license is for ST2 which was usable for the dev builds while ST3 was in beta. Now it launched so I was assuming I would have to pay for an upgrade ($30 is way to cheap for something I bought five years ago btw). But I am not prompted to pay for an upgrade and the editor says it is registered (still using the ST2 license).

tldr: how do I give you money? (yes I know I can just buy the upgrade but shouldn’t the app enforce the upgrade?)

0 Likes

Upgrade is free if you bought your license in 2013 or later.

0 Likes

Upgrade says $0?

To tell for sure, you can plug your license into the Upgrade page, which will tell you if you don’t need to upgrade your license, or allow you to pay if you do.

0 Likes

It’s from 2012 and the upgrade page says $30 so I would assume I would be prompted to upgrade.

0 Likes

I am confused as to why there is a $30 upgrade charge on the dev builds. Are new dev builds Sublime 4? According to the FAQ my 2012 ST2 license should be valid for all ST3 builds. Why the sudden upgrade charge?

0 Likes

No. The ST2 license was valid for dev builds leading up to the official release, but not for the official release and dev builds moving towards ST4. I bought my ST2 license long ago, so I am due to upgrade.

1 Like