Sublime Forum

Updated Package Wiki for external packages

Since we have quite a wealth of plugins on GoogleCode, BitBucket and some on GitHub, I have added support to the community package wiki for links to non-GoogleCode packages as well.

I did an quick scan through the Plugin Announcements forum to get an initial listing. If you have commit rights to the GoggleCode repo, you can simply add an entry to the /cgi/externalPackages.py listing, and index page will be regenerated accordingly. Otherwise, you can email me (barney_dot_williams_at_gmail_dot_com) to request an addition. I have not added support for stuffing the external packages into .sublime-package files, and not sure if it is worth the effort. This prevents them from being available via the PackageDownloader, but not sure how many users utilize the downloader.

At any rate, this gives us a central place to list ALL plugins publicly available, which is a good thing.

Go to sublimetextwiki.com to take a peek.

Cheers!
Greg

0 Likes

Awesome idea. Nicely done.

0 Likes

Yeah, well someone got this wiki up and going before I just added this minor feature. :wink: I’m definitely happy to finally have it in place, since there is so much goodness on BitBucket and now some stuff on GitHub as well.

This was also a fun little project so that I could learn a bit about Python file I/O too, since I’m still a bit of a rookie.

0 Likes