Sublime Forum

Update to latest version results in error, problem since ST2 according to Google

I just downloaded the latest update to Sublime Text 4 which resulted in the following error:

Syntax highlighting does not work anymore. According to Google this has been a problem since ST2.

0 Likes

Looks to me like you’ve probably got an override for the python package. If you navigate to Preferences > Browse Packages… can you find a Python.sublime-syntax file inside the Python or User folder?

0 Likes

Hi,

No, there is no such file present

0 Likes

Regular expressions in Python use regexp syntax from also built-in “Regular Expressions” package by default. Possible reasons for OPs error may be the whole package being disabled or RegExp (Basic).sublime-syntax being overridden with an out-dated version.

If not, maybe try to clear the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Sublime Text\Cache directory. Maybe an out-dated syntax cache file is causing wrong references, due to some embedded syntaxes having been moved.

1 Like

Thank you!

I had disabled the RegEx package and haven’t had any problems until now. Problem solved.

0 Likes