Sublime Forum

Update for HTML completions

I set out to update default html completions because I saw some wrong assumptions there.

Changes include:
Made “button” and “option” have ending tag like there are supposed to in HTML.
Added “iframe”.
Modified “param” which is used as an child of object and I’ve never seen it without “name” and “value” attributes defined so I’ve included them in completions.

I’ve done changes both in lowercase and uppercase variants but personally I don’t understand what uppercase variant of completions is useful for.

Hope these changes can make into default files if there are no objections.
HTML.sublime-completions.zip (1.85 KB)

0 Likes

Good idea, thanks. :smile:

0 Likes

What specification have you done this for?

0 Likes

According to w3.org/TR/html401/ but mostly according to common sense.

Common sense part was changing “option” to have ending tag. Ending tag is optional according to spec but you most likely want to specify text for option and that is done more commonly by enclosing text in the tag itself rather than using label attribute.

0 Likes

[quote=“rchl”]According to w3.org/TR/html401/ but mostly according to common sense.

Common sense part was changing “option” to have ending tag. Ending tag is optional according to spec but you most likely want to specify text for option and that is done more commonly by enclosing text in the tag itself rather than using label attribute.[/quote]

Cool.

HTML5 is on the way. What about including some things from there? *Yes, I know it wont be finalised till around 2014 but so? :smiley: *

0 Likes