Sublime Forum

Uninstall and Reinstall messes up Sublime Text 3 Mac OS X?

Hey guys,

I recently installed Sublime, but I was having some problems with it, specifically that whenever I would try run python code it would show me an error saying that the “main” could not be found. I uninstalled and reinstalled, however now the UI is irregular, and I get a repeated error (every time I type something) relating to one of the packages I had installed. I tried re-installing again, but nothing works and I seem to be unable to do anything.

I have attached a picture of the error below. I would like to start again with a clean slate of Sublime if possible but have no idea how.

Please advise?

Thanks,

Cheesy.

0 Likes

Open the file:

~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages/User/Preferences.sublime-settings

And remove the color_scheme and theme settings and save. Then try starting Sublime Text again.

0 Likes

Thank you so much, it worked a charm!

Sorry to bother you again, but would you have a solution to the problem where I can’t run the code?

/usr/bin/python: can’t find ’ _ _ main _ _’ module in ‘’
[Finished in 0.1s with exit code 1]
[shell_cmd: python -u “”]
[dir: /Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS]
[path: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin]
this is what I received when I tried to run print (“Hello world”)

If you have any idea what I should do that would be super.

0 Likes

Since the filename passed to Python is empty, my hunch would be that you haven’t save the file to disk yet.

1 Like

Ok yes, that was it. Sorry, I’m new and just started learning Python. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes