Sublime Forum

Unbinding key in windows

Hello,
I want to unbind “[” key in Windows but I cannot modify the default keybind file because it apparently doesnt exist on the location sublime says “C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Packages\Default\Default (Windows).sublime-keymap”. Any idea how to do it? I tried adding
{ “keys”: ["["], “command”: “noop”}, into the user keybind file but that doesnt work either.
Thanks for your responses

1 Like

https://packagecontrol.io/packages/PackageResourceViewer should help you in creating an override file that you can customize to change the defaults. Normally adding key bindings doesn’t require a package override, but removing something will.

1 Like

the problem is that I dont seem to find a package that has this key binded. I went throught all my packages and nothing showed up for “ctrl+alt+f” (sorry its not “[” but that doesnt matter)

0 Likes

The Default package is stored in Packages\Default.sublime-package next to the sublime_text.exe where you have Sublime Text installed. Typically C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\Packages\Default.sublime-package.

The simplest way to deal with overrides for packages shipped with Sublime Text is to use PackageResourceViewer.

0 Likes

ok thank you I have resolved it finally thanks to PackageResourceViewer and FindKeyConflicts

0 Likes