Sublime Forum

Unable to scroll down and up by click+moving the mouse oh the right side

Hello to all,

I updated Sublime Text 3 to the build 3143 and I’m facing this issue:

I’m unable to scroll down/up when clicking on scrollbar area on the right side and then move the mouse.

How to fix it?

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes

Gap between scrollbars and edge of screen

you mean the minimap? if you want to click and scroll, you have to left click and hold in the current viewport square, then move the mouse. Clicking outside that current viewport square just scrolls once, moving the mouse after that has no effect.

0 Likes

Exactly I mean that! I need to scroll by clicking outside that current viewport and moving the mouse.

Here an image on where I must mantain the click moving the mouse:

The right most grey part is the other window there is under Sublime Text 3, so the pointer is on the right most point of the window.

I’ll need to do that, obviously, also when the window is maximized, by quickly put the pointer on the right of the monitor.

0 Likes

someone seems to have mentioned a setting that can be changed here, which might help:

0 Likes

No, it doesn’t help.
I don’t use the minimap.

0 Likes

oh probably this is a duplicate of this then:

0 Likes

Yes!
Thank’s, I’ll watch that post.

0 Likes

The gap is solved but the scroll problem persists:
I’m unable to scroll down/up when clicking on scrollbar area on the right side (on a point without the scrollbar position) and then move the mouse.

0 Likes

so the same behavior as with the minimap which I mentioned before. With scrollbars it seems like the current behavior is partly the normal behavior, i.e. the same happens with Firefox, but Notepad behaves like you want
see also

0 Likes

Yes, seem it’s the issue I’m facing, too.
But your post on github is about 2016, It’s still active?
In the previous version of sublimetext there were the correct behavior…

0 Likes