Sublime Forum

Gap between scrollbars and edge of screen

Sublime Text 3 has the scrollbar not at the edge of the window or screen and so it’s not possible to scroll with ease.

I can’t find any solution to this by changing settings. Is there a solution to this?

Regardless, please consider making the scrollbar at the edge by default because this will only help people and not hinder anyone. Even if you just like the aesthetic, I should still be able to still drag the scroll bar to the right of it.

(On Linux, Ubuntu 16.04)

3 Likes

Unable to scroll down and up by click+moving the mouse oh the right side

This is shortcoming in the default Sublime theme. You can install virtually any 3d party theme (take a look here) to get “right” scrollbar.

And I agree, this is at least questionable behaviour.

0 Likes

Could you provide a screenshot of what you are referring to? Are you trying to click and drag the scroll puck, but not being able to do so?

0 Likes

That’s right. I can’t drag the puck, if the cursor is at the edge of the screen. It even seems that clicking on the very right (2 pixels or so) of the puck doesn’t allow you to drag it. By having the ‘hitbox’ of the puck at the edge of the screen, it makes it effectively infinitely wide and impossible to miss. If you’re using a trackpad or have shaky hands it’s an important difference.

(The compression on the gif makes it grainy, but you should be able to zoom in on the right and see what I mean.)

This is on Unity desktop, minimap disabled, most up to date version as of the time in the gif.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the extra info! I’ll look into tweaking the theme to see if we can get that transparent area part of the hit area for the puck.

3 Likes

For me it happens only in the Adaptive theme, instead in the Default theme the scrollbar is correct.

0 Likes

It happens in both themes for me.

0 Likes

wbond, did you have any update?

0 Likes

No, there have been no dev builds since 3.0. I wouldn’t expect one extremely soon since we just started a new dev cycle.

0 Likes

There is something I can do to fix It on my PC?

0 Likes

That’s possible, but there is no quick fix for that. I’ve played a little, it seems this issue requires:

• adding some transparent margins to scrollbar assets,
  • updating theme styles to fit them.
0 Likes

Yes, I believe that is what will need to be done also.

The “hard” part that requires more than some JSON is generating new PNGs from our source design. Otherwise, you’d have to edit the PNGs manually to add transparent pixels to the left/right and adjust the JSON to handle the new dimensions.

2 Likes

Can’t I simple modify the JSON file without modify any image?
After doing that I know the scrollbar is a bit larger and it works.

0 Likes

I think you’ve just changed the size, but didn’t make the gaps scrollable.

0 Likes

I don’t made any modify yet.

If someone explain me how to make the modifies I’ll try.

My aim is only to make it scrollable, without taking care about design of appearance.

Thank’s

0 Likes

You have at least 2 options:

1. Just install 3rd party theme - see my previous post
  2. In the directory Data\Packages\User create files Default.sublime-theme and Adaptive.sublime-theme with the following content:
        "class": "scroll_bar_control",
        "content_margin": 0
    }]```
2 Likes

Norst, it fixes only the graphic aspect.
I need to fix the behaviour…

0 Likes

Anyone can help me?

0 Likes

You didn’t specify OS. At least on Windows right behaviour can be achieved by solutions listed above.

0 Likes

I’m using Ubuntu 15.10 64 bit

0 Likes