Sublime Forum

Unable to read Binary.sublime-syntax

Hi!

I have next issue with Sublime Text 4

In my Packages folder I don’t have Binary folder. Should I find Binary.sublime-syntax file and put it there or I can do something else?

Sublime Text is installed on macos Catalina 10.15. I also have package ‘BinaryPlist’ installed.
Thanks!

0 Likes

Binary.sublime-syntax is shipped by default with Sublime Text. Perhaps you’re overriding a default package? I suggest checking your packages folder (Preferences > Browse Packages…) for a folder called Binary.

0 Likes

I don’t have this folder. Idk, this problem was from the installation, but know it actually disturbs me a little bit

0 Likes

Perhaps you have the binary package in your "ignored_packages" setting? It would be useful to know if this happens in safe mode.

0 Likes

I don’t have ignored packages

0 Likes

It’s very strange but I have sublime-syntax files in folder of ‘zzz File Icons zzz’ package.
But I still don’t have Binary.sublime-syntax file there
issue2
I created ‘Binary’ folder and copied all these files there. I don’t have error when try to read excel or word files - only when try to read files from .git folder or .webp - I tried these (as I understand for those, for which I don’t have .sublime-syntax files in ‘Binary’ folder). May be I can find ‘Binary.sublime-syntax’ somewhere or create it?

0 Likes

Does the error happen in safe mode?

0 Likes

No, it doesn’t

0 Likes

Then you certainly have a package that’s overriding the default Binary package or a setting ignoring it.

0 Likes

A File Icon never created a Binary alias file. Also the error dialog explicitly points to Packages/Binary/Binary.sublime-syntax which is totally unrelated with A File Icons package.

The only way I can trigger the issue is by adding "Binary" to the list of ignored_packages.
grafik

What does view.settings().get("ignored_packages") return?

1 Like

Damn… First time I looked in my settings I didn’t see Binary is ignored. Sorry for disturbing and thanks for help

1 Like