Sublime Forum

Unable to install Sublime Text using Yum due to missing checksum

Hello,

sadly I am unable to install Sublime Text 3 on Fedora 33 Workstation due to a missing checksum.
After I ran some troubleshooting and doing the whole google game I sadly came to no solution.
So I did some research and it turns out that Sublime is not supplying the file checksums when you download files from the Sublime RPM Repository. I was also not able to just reproduce a local copy of the repository to manually generate the checksums in order to bypass the FIPS mode on my system.

I don’t want to be that one annoying guy that is going after staff with big GDPR formulas and annoying DevOpsSec Protocols but would you mind allowing me to download the full RPM Repo of course including Sublime Merge or at least separating those repositories so I can calmy download Sublime Text from the repositories, verify the checksum manually of course and just move on with my day. It would also be even better when you just supply the missing checksums in your repository.

“But supplying the checksums or signing packages is useless they can be corrupted anyways”

You had that conversation already with another user: Checksums and signature for downloads

0 Likes

Just to clarify are you asking for us to provide checksums on the website or to add checksums to the rpm repo?

0 Likes

Please add the checksums to the repo. I mean adding them to the website isn’t that bad either but I don’t need them on the website, I just want my Yum to tell me that I can use that package because the checksums appear valid.

0 Likes