Sublime Forum

Unable to install newest Build of Sublime Linux

Im having trouble installing the newest build (3143). I’ve downloaded and ran the executable from the tar file and it will open the latest build but I cant install it. When I install from the Linux apt and I follow all the commands it will install the old build of (3103) and it prompts me to download the newest version. How can I install the newest version so I can run it besides through the tar in terminal?

0 Likes

Not sure what’s wrong with apt for you. Maybe some information about you distro would help someone to check that?

The tar files are no setups. You’ll need to extract them to the destination.

0 Likes

Perhaps you have previously installed a third-party source for Sublime Text, such as webupd8team or similar? I’d check your apt sources and make sure it isn’t trying to pull anything else in.

0 Likes

I have Mint. I also updated my APT before every install., when I do apt-get install sublime-text. It installs the old build and not the newest one. I’ve also extracted the tar file, and can run the new build through the terminal but it never installs.

0 Likes

Linux Mint includes sublime-text in the official repositories is why (and an older version specifically), to fix that follow the instructions here to always prefer the official version of the sublime-text update (regardless of weird versioning schemes, outdated versions, etc.):

0 Likes