Sublime Forum

Unable to import nympy on sublime

Hello all,
I am starting off with python and am following a tutorial requiring me to work with numpy arrays(which i think i have downloaded and installed correctly<it works fine on notepad ++>) but I get the following error msg when I try onto import in sublime :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\pc\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\__init__.py", line 16, in <module>
    from . import multiarray
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "nupy arrat.py", line 1, in <module>
    import numpy as np
  File "C:\Users\pc\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\numpy\__init__.py", line 142, in <module>
    from . import add_newdocs
  File "C:\Users\pc\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\numpy\add_newdocs.py", line 13, in <module>
    from numpy.lib import add_newdoc
  File "C:\Users\pc\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\numpy\lib\__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from .type_check import *
  File "C:\Users\pc\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\numpy\lib\type_check.py", line 11, in <module>
    import numpy.core.numeric as _nx
  File "C:\Users\pc\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\site-packages\numpy\core\__init__.py", line 26, in <module>
    raise ImportError(msg)
ImportError: 
Importing the multiarray numpy extension module failed.  Most
likely you are trying to import a failed build of numpy.
If you're working with a numpy git repo, try `git clean -xdf` (removes all
files not under version control).  Otherwise reinstall numpy.

Original error was: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

***Repl Closed***

kindly guide.
Thanks a ton!!

0 Likes

This doesn’t seem to be related to ST but rather to how you set up your python installation and installed numpy. We can try to help you regardless.

What are the steps/tutorial that you followed?

0 Likes