Sublime Forum

Unable to disable the single selection via esc button

How to disable only the single selection of the esc button in windows but not the deselection of text on sublime text ?

It’s has become recently very annoying considering the fact that I use it very heavily for competetive programming.

It didn’t use to happen in the beginning but then I installed some plugin that goes by FastOlympicCoding and it ruined the entire system.

Here is the a snapshot of my key bindings.

(if you are unable to see it)
Default keymap of user
[
{ “keys”: [“f9”], “command”: “build”, “args”: {“select”: true}
},
{ “keys”: [“escape”], “command”: “single_selection”, “context”:
[
{ “key”: “num_selections”, “operator”: “not_equal”, “operand”: false }
]
}
]

How to disable only the single selection of the esc button in windows but not the deselection of text on sublime text ?

please guide me through it…

0 Likes

That’s easy. Just copy the default keybindings but change the command to a nonexistent one such as noop. Then in the same situation, noop command will be called instead and nothing will happen.

Not sure what this means.

1 Like

Please elaborate this one with few snaps from your own PC and key bindings

And by the deselection of text I meant :
If I select an entire paragraph but then I want to undo this selection without using the mouse or arrow keys, then previously I used to press esc key and it would have done the job but that’s not the case now.

0 Likes

(ctrl + u) soft undo is not dedicated to do this but probably it works in your cases?

0 Likes

{ “keys”: [“escape”], “command”: “just_an_nonexistent_command_which_results_in_doing_nothing”, “context”:
[
{ “key”: “num_selections”, “operator”: “not_equal”, “operand”: false }
]
}

1 Like

Ohhk !!
I get it now.
Thanks you very much brother.

0 Likes