Sublime Forum

Unable to change font size

I am on a Mac and trying to change the font size using command-= but it only changes the font size in the console and not the main editing window. My keymap does have this…

{ "keys": ["super+equals"], "command": "increase_font_size" },
	{ "keys": ["super+plus"], "command": "increase_font_size" },
	{ "keys": ["super+minus"], "command": "decrease_font_size" },

And there’s nothing related to any of these in the User preferences. Can someone offer guidance on why it’s only changing the font size in the console? Thank you.

0 Likes

The commands modify the value in the Preferences.sublime-settings.

Maybe a syntax specific setting is overriding the user defaults?

Command Palette -> Preferences: Settings - Syntax Specific

0 Likes

Not that I’m seeing…

// These settings override both User and Default settings for the YAML-ng syntax
{
	"tab_size": 2,
	"translate_tabs_to_spaces": true,
	"detect_indentation": false
}
0 Likes

According to https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/settings.html project specific settings could cause it as well.

Example of a *.sublime-project.

{
	"settings": {
		"font_size": 13,
	},
	"folders":
	[
	]
}

Otherwise a plugin may be adding overrides to the views directly via view.settings().set("font_size", ...), but I don’t know any doing so.

Is the font size fixed for all or only specific views?

0 Likes

I do override my font settings in my general User preferences. Should this really make the font size fixed? I assumed it just overrode the default.

{
	"color_scheme": "Packages/Gruvbox Dark/gruvbox.tmTheme",
	"copy_with_empty_selection": false,
	"folder_exclude_patterns":
	[
		"__pycache__",
		".git"
	],
	"font_face": "JetBrains Mono NL Regular",
	"font_size": 10,
	"ignored_packages":
	[
		"Markdown",
		"Vintage"
	],
	"linux":
	{
		"font_size": 9
	},
	"osx":
	{
		"font_size": 11
	},
	"theme": "Adaptive.sublime-theme",
	"windows":
	{
		"font_size": 10
	}
}
0 Likes

The platform dicts seem to be part of some plugin functionality. They are not supported by default ST.

If a plugin uses those settings to provide platform specific behavior, it is most likely the one which causes changes to the real font_size to be overwritten. This would be the reason then.

0 Likes

I was able to trace it back to the multi-platform plugin. It appears it prevented me from modifying the font size in the buffer. For now I’m disabling it as I need to adjust font next week for a presentation. My hope is long term Sublime will have per-platform preferences.

0 Likes