Sublime Forum

Unable to change font in user prefrences

I’m about to scream.

I’ve changed the font in my user prefrences

Nothing happens, even on restart.

Please help

0 Likes

any errors in the ST console? what did you try changing the font_face to? is that font installed on your system?

0 Likes

Where would I check the ST console? sorry new to ST, I changed it to “System Bold” it’s installed in my font folder

0 Likes

View menu -> Show Console

0 Likes

heres what it said when i opened up preferences, im very confused, this is after saving.

Unable to open /C/Users/lerug/AppData/Roaming/Sublime Text 3/Packages/Default/Preferences.sublime-settings
reloading settings Packages/User/Preferences.sublime-settings

0 Likes

heres my user settings file

{
	"color_scheme": "Packages/Retro Computers Color Schemes/Nintendo Entertainment System.tmTheme",
	"font_face":"System Bold",
	"font_size": 12,
	"ignored_packages":
	[
		"Vintage"
	],
	"theme": "Adaptive.sublime-theme"
}
0 Likes

which version of Windows are you using? and which build of ST?

0 Likes

Windows 10

build 3143

Why does all of this matter? I just want to change the f*cking font, this shouldn’t be so complicated for the money I spent on this lol.

0 Likes

trying to help identify where the problem could be is all - the fact that the console doesn’t show an error probably means that it is using the System Bold font, but it looks similar to the default font maybe? I guess "font_face": "Arial", definitely works?

0 Likes

It shouldn’t be, lemme try something drastically different, one sec, thanks for your help btw

0 Likes

Ok so now I really don’t get it, it’s updating in the settings window, but not the window with my code. when I try to reload the file, the settings file is blank, i feel like im going to cry.

0 Likes

0 Likes

I kind of want my money back if I can’t even change fonts for no reason, I feel like I’ve done everything right, im so close to throwing my computer against a wall at this point lol, never been this frustrated with a text editor before, what a piece of garbage.

0 Likes

maybe whatever package you installed to syntax highlight that stuff on the left of your screenshot has also enforced it’s own font_face setting? Maybe there is a syntax specific preference file overriding your main preferences? (Preferences -> Settings - Syntax Specific while that file has the focus)

0 Likes

you were right! I have no idea how that happened, thank you so much, i was seriously about to have a stroke lol

0 Likes