Sublime Forum

Unable to activate themes

I am running version 3 build 3143

When I install themes such as Material Theme, the package control messages document that opens describes a few ways to activate the theme, one is using the command palette and typing Material: Theme: Activate theme and another is via the Preferences > Packages Settings menu.

The menu is greyed out and typing that command does not do anything. I am running Ubuntu 17.10 on i3wm window manager (could this be the issue?)
I tryed apt removing the sublime-text package and downloading and untar’ing the bz2 to /opt/sublime_text_3 but this fails to solve the problem.

I am at a loss for what else I can do to troubleshoot this issue. If anyone has sugestions that would be greatly apreciated.

0 Likes

most likely there is a bug in the theme’s plugin code, maybe check the ST Python console for errors (View menu -> Show Console).

0 Likes

Thank you, that was helpful. I have discovered

reloading plugin Material Theme.MT
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/sublime_text_3/sublime_plugin.py", line 109, in reload_plugin
    m = importlib.import_module(modulename)
  File "./python3.3/importlib/__init__.py", line 90, in import_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1584, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1565, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1532, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "/opt/sublime_text_3/sublime_plugin.py", line 915, in load_module
    exec(compile(source, source_path, 'exec'), mod.__dict__)
  File "MT in /home/mike/.config/sublime-text-3/Installed Packages/Material Theme.sublime-package", line 1, in <module>
  File "utils in /home/mike/.config/sublime-text-3/Installed Packages/Material Theme.sublime-package", line 3, in <module>
  File "utils.config in /home/mike/.config/sublime-text-3/Installed Packages/Material Theme.sublime-package", line 8, in <module>
  File "/home/mike/.config/sublime-text-3/Packages/mdpopups/st3/mdpopups/__init__.py", line 16, in <module>
    from . import version as ver
ImportError: cannot import name version```

Looking into this now, maybe i need to reinstall mdpopups, although that is not something Installed.
0 Likes