Sublime Forum

Ubuntu Shortcuts

Hi,

I have shortcut problems on Ubuntu version 3.0. For example, Ctrl+/ and Shift+Ctrl+/ commands do not work.

Best,

0 Likes

0 Likes

I am using Turkish Q keyboard. When I try to use shortcuts, nothing gets printed on the console. However, when I try to do same thing with the menus it works. (Edit -> Comment -> Toggle Comment)

0 Likes

so it seems like some other software you have running is consuming the input before it gets to ST, otherwise ST would at least show you in its console what it thinks you pressed, after you turn input logging on with sublime.log_input(True)

0 Likes

Now, I can see on the console what I am typing. Here is the results:

Ctrl+/ : key evt: control+keypad_divide
Shift+Ctrl+/ : key evt: shift+control+keypad_divide

Thanks,

0 Likes

oh you’re using the / key on your keypad? ST doesn’t map this command to that by default, but you can fix it by adding the following to your user keybindings:

{ "keys": ["ctrl+keypad_divide"], "command": "toggle_comment", "args": { "block": false } },
	{ "keys": ["ctrl+shift+keypad_divide"], "command": "toggle_comment", "args": { "block": true } },
0 Likes

Thanks, it solved my problem.

But, this feature works on macOS and Windows versions by default. Also, in Ubuntu version this shortcut combination is written in the related menu as if it is default.

0 Likes