Sublime Forum

Typing html and then pressing TAB does not work

I want to be able to do an autocomplete for and believe it’s writing html + tab:-

<html>
<head>
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

I found a site that told me to alter a setting which I did and it worked. I closed ST down and now it doesn’t work again and I don’t remember what the site was that told me how to set this up. Will I have to go in and re-set this each and everytime I open ST?

Please advise how to set this up permanently.

Also, having bought a licence how come I don’t have ST 4? It says there are no updates.

0 Likes

The most common reason this doesn’t work for people is that the html snippet is only active inside of HTML files, but if you just create a new tab it’s set to Plain text as the file type by default (the file type is displayed in the bottom right of the window).

The easiest way to set the file type is to save the file to disk with an appropriate extension. You can also pick Set Syntax: HTML from the command palette or click on the file type in the status line and pick it from there.

The current version of Sublime is 3.1.1 (see here); there isn’t a Sublime Text 4, or if there is the developers have been working on it in secret and they haven’t mentioned anything about it to the public yet.

0 Likes

Ok, thanks.

You have to watch out for those sneaky developers (or was I thinking of Bootstrap 4 perhaps?).

0 Likes

Sorry for the unnecessary necro, but thanks! I’ve been wondering this myself. Glad that it’s a simple fix on my part to make this working again.

0 Likes