You can overwrite how this works by doing the following (assuming you are on ST3 & Windows):
1) open the install path for sublime (that is on %programfiles%\Sublime Text 3)
2) Open Packages folder
3) Search for the package you want to change (in this case is PHP) then open it (is a zip file with a changed extension, so 7zip or winrar will do)
4) Now go to Sublime, and from top menu pick Browse Packages
5) If is not present, create a folder that have the same name as the package you want to change (PHP)
6) Copy the snippet you want to change from the archive in the newly created folder ( e.g. for(-).sublime-snippet )
7) Change the snippet to work as you want.